The Exceptional English Wine Company
The historic perception that Western Europe holds a monopoly on fine wine making was shattered many decades ago. A glance at any wine seller’s shelves lays testament to the magnitude of the shift of oenological geography. California, Australia, New Zealand and South America all arrived at the party as newcomers and now feature as regulars. Until recently, the UK has never been invited
Over the last decade, the growth in production of English sparkling wines has been exponential with English still wine, while not yet hard on their heels, without doubt beginning to make their mark. With sales of English wine rising faster than production levels, the English wine revolution is happening. English Wine is not only invited to the party to small talk with the best in the world but is now standing out in its own right as the quality increases and the style is recognised as ‘English’.
West Sussex is right at the heart of this revolution and so it is for this reason that The Exceptional English Wine Company has chosen to make its base in Midhurst, a town surrounded by up and coming vineyards and exciting wine makers. Our aim is to widen the availability of English Wines in the market and so increase the knowledge of the UK wine buying public. We intend our shop in West Sussex to be the destination venue where our customers can try a range of English wines and understand what English wine is all about. If you can't get to us, we welcome direct enquiries to advise you on your purchase
Iain Heggie, the founder, has an infectious enthusiasm and in-depth knowledge that is compelling as the delicious wines themselves. From Kent to Cornwall - and even a couple of guest appearances from Yorkshire - English vineyards are producing truly delicious pinks,whites,reds and sparkling wines and Iain knows how to offer you the very best. They also offer some fantastic other choices - Limoncello made in the Cotswolds - it's delicious! - British gin, and the wonderfully witty and deliciously scented Half Cut candles are all must haves.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English Courts.
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract. The contract is made when we process payment after having received your order.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- All prices are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur in the pricing of the items. We will not be obliged to supply items at the incorrect price.
- If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price or notify you that we have cancelled your order.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, items and specifications of items at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order.
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We normally offer delivery within five working days of our receiving your order.
- If for any reason we are unable to deliver within this time frame, we will inform you of the anticipated date of delivery before processing your order to ensure that you are agreeable to the revised delivery arrangement.
- We may use an independent courier. The courier will attempt to deliver the item twice, after which we regret that you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. The products will be returned to our warehouse if they have not been collected from the courier 3 days after the second delivery attempt and we reserve the right to pass on to you the additional cost of redelivery in this event.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will require faulty bottles to be returned to us which we will arrange as necessary at your convenience.
- You may cancel your order at any time before first delivery of the items to your chosen place of delivery.
- In the event of complaint please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org explaining in as much detail as possible the reason for your complaint. Any information provided will be treated as confidential and every attempt will be found to resolve any complaint as swiftly as possible.
- In the event you would prefer to write, correspondence should be addressed to The Exceptional English Wine Co, Cowdray Yard, Easebourne, Midhurst, GU29 0AJ
- Alternatively, please call the Directors directly on +44 (0)7787 510383.
Our minimum purchase online for wine is 6 bottles of the same wine and/or 6 bottles in the mixed case. If single bottles of wine are required call Iain on 01730 814671 and a telephone order can be arranged.
There is no minimum order on non-wine products. When purchasing wine and non-wine products together, the shipping cost for the Wine will include the shipping cost for the non-wine items.
Delivery is a fixed cost of £10 for next day delivery (if order placed before 11am).
Orders are shipped same day or next day, depending on time of order receipt
Returns are not accepted unless the order is incorrect, in which case we will organise a pick up
Showing 1–10 of 15 results
Albury Silent Pool Organic Rose 2015£16.00 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Astley Late Harvest 2014£18.75 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Bluebell Hindleap Rose 2011£26.50 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Brilliant Gin£38.00 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
British Cassis 100ml£13.00 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Digby Leander Pink NV£29.50 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Half Cut Candles£16.00 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanySelect options
Hambledon Classic Cuvée NV£29.95 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Hattingley Valley Classic Cuvée 2013£29.00 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket
Hush Heath Nannetts Rosé 2014£14.50 Sold By: The Exceptional English Wine CompanyAdd to basket